Ownership, License, Use
Unless otherwise stated, the Site and its contents are owned and operated by the Barbie and the Devil. This Site, and all materials appearing on it, are protected by copyright and may not be used without our prior written permission. Other trademarks or copyrighted materials appearing on the Site are the property of their respective owners and may not be used without permission.
You may access and use the materials and information on our Site as they appear there for your own personal use, educational advancement, or professional development. Any materials that you download for your own use must maintain all copyright or other notices. Except as Barbie and the Devil expressly permits, any redistribution, retransmission, commercial exploitation, linking, or other uses are strictly prohibited. For permission to reuse articles from Barbie and the Devil publications in other published works, please contact us.
You shall not copy or edit the materials, or integrate them into any other media. You shall not claim ownership or authorship, or otherwise use the materials except as we expressly permit. You shall not hack into our Site or text messages, or otherwise gain unauthorized access to or make improper use of our content or Site.
Privacy and Copyright Protection
Purpose for Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Barbie and the Devil collects, uses, and discloses your Personal Information in its normal course of business. The information may be used to plan new products or services, gauge customer satisfaction, measure awareness of products or services, or to test reaction to products, services or communications. Barbie and the Devil is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy as a research respondent who is participating in a study. This policy explains how Barbie and the Devil collects and uses data that Barbie and the Devil obtains via surveys and other primary research methods that Barbie and the Devil uses. If you are participating in one of Barbie and the Devil research studies from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. Below are the primary uses of this information supplied to us:
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
- Providing requested content or services from Barbie and the Devil;
- Responding to your inquiries about content and other services;
- Making proposals for future service needs;
- Allowing our partners, affiliates, and local chapters to notify you of certain products, services, or events offered by them;
- Making your resume available to prospective employers;
- Processing transactions through service providers;
- Registration for conferences, training, and other events;
- Meeting legal, security, processing, and regulatory requirements; and
- Compiling statistics for analysis of our sites and our business.
Use of Links to Other Websites
This Website may contain links to third-party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and does not imply an affiliation, sponsorship, endorsement, approval, investigation, verification, or monitoring by Human Behavior Lab of the contents on such third-party websites.
Barbie and the Devil is not responsible for the content of any website owned by a third party that may be linked to this Website regardless of whether the link is provided by Barbie and the Devil or a third party. Barbie and the Devil does not prepare or maintain, has not and will not review or update, and does not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, suitability, reliability, or usefulness of any information contained on a linked third-party website. If you decide to access linked third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. Furthermore, no representation or warranty is provided for any software that you may download from a link from this Website.
Website Navigational Information
As you navigate the Site, we may also collect information through commonly used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons (collectively “Website Navigational Information”). Website Navigational Information includes standard information from your web browser (e.g., browser type, browser language), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on the Site (such as the web pages viewed and the links clicked).
- Where strictly necessary: These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Site. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as obtaining a quote or logging into your account, cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a Site (e.g., which pages visitors go to most often, if they get error messages from web pages). They also allow us to record and count the number of visitors to the Site, all of which enables us to see how visitors use the Site in order to improve the way that our Site works. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a person, as all information these cookies collect is anonymous.
- Functionality: These cookies allow our Site to remember choices you make (e.g., your user name, your language, region you are in) and provide enhanced features. For instance, a Site may be able to remember your login details, so that you do not have to repeatedly sign in to your account when using a particular device to access our Site. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, font, and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have requested, such as viewing a video or commenting on an article. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymized. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remember where you have been on the internet.
Barbie and the Devil expressly reserves the right to monitor any and all use of the Website, to exclude you and any other person from using this Website, and to terminate your access to this Website. Upon termination, you must destroy all materials obtained from this Website and all copies of those materials, whether or not they were made under these Terms. You also agree that Barbie and the Devil will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to this Website.
All provisions in the Terms that by their nature should survive termination will survive termination, including, but not limited to provisions concerning indemnification, disclaimers, limitations on liability, and termination.